The 2023 VRGA Scholarship is now open for applications
Please note the application says a deadline of April 21st but we have extended it by a week. Application Deadline is now April 28th, 2023.
Applications must be postmarked or emailed no later than April 21st, 2023 for consideration. All parts of the application including 2023 VRGA Scholarship Application, Photo Release, and Checklist must be submitted by this deadline. Partial applications will not be considered.
Please reach out to email@example.com with questions about the application.
About the program
The Vermont Retail & Grocers association is proud to offer scholarships to students affiliated with member businesses based on the below criteria. Through our scholarship program we provide financial assistance to eligible students entering their first year at an accredited two or four-year school in the US. The VRGA Scholarship Fund is supported solely by our members. Thank you to our members for awarding Vermont students each year who embark on a path toward higher education.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications to apply:
* Be a Vermont resident or be affiliated with a VRGA Member in Vermont;
* Be a graduating high school senior planning to attend a US accredited two or four year postsecondary school or;
* Plan to attend for the first time a US accredited two or four-year postsecondary school in 2023 and have received a high school diploma;
* File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than four weeks prior to the scholarship deadline (TBD)
*Meet one or more of the following conditions:
- Be the dependent of an employee or owner of a VRGA member company. Company or Employee must be located in Vermont or have responsibility in Vermont;
- Be an employee of a VRGA retail or associate member company in Vermont. Employee must be located in Vermont or have responsibility in Vermont.
- The employee must be employed a minimum of 15 hours per week or 750 hours per year; and have been employed at a VRGA retail member store or company for a minimum of one year at the time the student applies for this scholarship.