First steps you should consider after a disaster:
- Assess your staffing situation -- is your staff okay? Who can you get to come in to help?
- Assess the damage to the building and your inventory
- Contact your insurance agent to learn what's covered and what you may need to do to receive any support
- Update your customers -- use your website and social media. Let them know what type of help you need. They will come if you ask
- Identify your financial position -- What are your daily operating expenses? Do you need to make adjustments?
- Consider whether you need to postpone/ cancel any incoming orders
As you continue to assess the damage and begin to dig out of this disaster, please know that VRGA is here to serve as a resource. We have gathered information from partners, government organizations, and others to provide you as much information as possible. Including links to FEMA, Mutual Aid, and crow-sourced resources, plus water remediation companies.
As always, VRGA is available for additional guidance. Call the office at 802-839-1928 or email us at email@example.com.
- You can find live updates at Vermont Public or WCAX
- Find Up-to-Date road closures on newengland511
- Sign up for alerts to your cell phone at VTAlerts
For a complete forecast, visit the National Weather Service forecast site: